Miramistin® is widely used in pediatrics and has shown to be effective and safe over the years. Miramistin® is often prescribed to children from 3 to 14 years in combination therapy of infectious and inflammatory diseases of the larynx and pharynx, such as acute pharyngitis and / or exacerbation of chronic tonsillitis for throat irrigation. It is easy to use and appears to be a clear, colorless liquid without odor.
Miramistin® has many benefits:
1) A broad spectrum of biological activities. It is shown to be active against many bacteria, viruses and fungi, even those resistant to antibiotics and other drugs.2
2) In combination with antibiotics enhances their antibacterial effect.2
3) Stimulates a protective immune response of mucous membranes to infection.2
4) Possesses anti-inflammatory activity.2
5) Improves healing processes of mucous membranes and skin.2
6) Neutral taste and odor.
7) Preservatives free.
Miramistin® also can be used for prevention and treatment of various infections, from oral and dental diseases to cleaning wounds and burns.